We want to give everyone who lives in County Durham, works here or comes to visit, the chance to help improve our services and influence the decisions we make. One way that we do this is through holding consultations.
Before making significant changes to any of our services we ask the public for their views. This helps us ensure our services meet the needs of our communities. For details on how we consult with people, please see our.
To view current consultations please click on the link durham.gov.uk/consultation
You can make your comments known to us in a number of ways, but we would encourage you to submit your views online, via the consultation pages at: https://consult-durhamcc.objective.co.uk/kse.
You can also send us your comments by e-mail to: email@example.com. Alternatively, you can send us your comments to our freepost address (all you need to do is write this one line on an envelope – no other address details or postage stamp are needed): FREEPOST Spatial Policy.
Go Northern Consultation – June 2022
Please see the response letter to the Parish Council regarding the proposed service withdrawals affecting Ouston
The Outcome of the Go Northern Consultation is as follows:
Services 28, 28A, 28B & 29
- These services do not have enough passengers travelling to cover the costs of operation, meaning that we could no longer run these services without financial support. We therefore consulted on the withdrawal of these services.
- Following analysis of our customer consultation responses, we engaged in further discussions with local authorities.
- Following discussions with local authorities, we are pleased to confirm that Durham County Council has agreed to fund these services, but discussions are still ongoing as to whether Go North East will remain as the operator of these services or if they will be provided by another company.
- Service 28 will run hourly between Newcastle, Gateshead, Wrekenton, Birtley, Ouston, Beamish, Grange Villa, Pelton Fell and Chester-le-Street.
- Service 28A will be withdrawn and replaced by an improved service 29, which will run hourly between Newcastle, Gateshead, Kibblesworth, Ouston, Beamish, Grange Villa, Pelton Fell and Chester-le-Street.
- Service 28B will continue to operate on evenings as now.
- Following your feedback, both services 28 and 29 will serve Eldon Square Bus Station in Newcastle City Centre.
- On Sundays, there will be an hourly bus to Chester-le-Street on service 28 and an hourly bus to Kibblesworth on service 28B.
- We hope to provide an update with further information on these services in the next few weeks.
- Following feedback from customers, we consulted on this service returning to the route it used to operate, prior to the changes in September 2021.
- Following analysis of our customer consultation responses, we are pleased to confirm that we will proceed with this proposal.
- This means that service 34 will no longer serve Pelton Front Street, and will now serve Pelaw Estate again.
- There will be no other changes to the frequency of this service.